Sunday, July 18, 2021

Warlord Games Early Imperial Roman Conversions

 I've discussed this before with Warlord Games EIR.  There is one of the poses in that plastic set that I've often disliked and get annoyed with.  I've been finishing up all of Warlord Games EIR, so prepare yourselves for an Epic Blog run of  the rebuild of EIR (Warlord Games portion) army.  I sold off tons of this army previously and rebuilt it to what I wanted it to be and I'm practically done with it and likely done with many of the Warlord Games lines.

Here's what I'm talking about, sometimes the most subtle conversion is the best. So the pose is the standing pose one with the legs spread way far apart.  What I simply did is cut the legs off with my jewelers saw and stood them more upright. You can see this with the two on the left versus the speadout pose on the right.

Here's the front side now with the converted ones on the left again.

Couple more pics....


Does it take more time?  Sure does, but I'm quite happy with the way they turned out. 

Much more EIR....



2 comments:

  1. Nice mods to the pose, PC. I think this range's downside (no pun intended) is the lower half - their somewhat squat legs. Otherwise, nicely detailed armor and faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very squat. You are correct about that. The detail is pretty good. Warlord over the years has a made a bunch of excuses for this. I think they just messed up and don't want to admit it. That said, I'm still happy with my minis and they also can match up pretty well if you have the 25 mm Foundry/Perry metal minis.

      Delete