Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Chaos...Marauders with great weapons

I've worked with Matt Gubser quite a few years ago, helping him out of a jam.  It was good experinece.  Matt's been sculpting miniatures for years and has done work for Reaper Miniatures. 

The mini to the left is one of his sculpts.  I thought about converting the miniature and giving it some hair, but in the end left it alone. 

This model wll be part of my marauder great weapon unit.  Its a large model somewhere around 30-32 mm tall, bigger than a GW Marauder, but that is okay in my book.




This a cool miniature.  I like the armor even though its basic and not ornate.  I also think it works well with Tre Manor's miniatures. 
It also has very good musculature.  Matt did a very nice job with that.
As you can see, I've kept the Hot Rod Flames scheme.  And continuing the burnt orange and blue paint colors.  This unit will be marked with Khorne. 


 And to the left is another of the Tre Manor Helsvakt miniatures.  This one will also be in the great weapons unit.

Like the others, this one screams at you.
I do like everyone of these.  The sword is a sort of wicked piece of steel.  Not overly flashy but I do like it.
There is that power looking back and the great detail of the bones and skulls hanging with the fur.
That's it for now.  More marauders are still coming.

4 comments:

  1. More great looking minis! It be awesome if you could put together a tutorial...any tips on the flames would be really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good painting - the flames look great; as well as the metals. The second guy reminds me a lot of Conan. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite as happy with the metals on these, I think my metal work was better on my demons, but I'm playing around with the GW Washes. I think I like my paint washes better though.

    As to the flames, they come from about 35 years worth of drawing cars with hot rod flames. Lot of my first Hot Wheels had flame jobs on them. My old man, painted our Jeep CJ5 back a long time ago with flames on the hood. He and I have done motorcycles with flames alot. I love Hot Rod flames.

    As to a tutorial that may have to wait until after I move. In the mean time I would recommend doing an image search for "Hot Rod Flames". I know of quite a few painters that do this. Killer Paint's Mike Lavallee is one of my favorite painters of all things with wheels, he rarely anymore paints Hot Rod Flames, because his "real fire" techniques are the rage. Here are few links.
    http://www.killerpaint.com/gallery.html
    http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/thehistoryof/55539/index.html
    http://cross-eyedair.com/Bikes_Album/
    http://blast-of-air.com/gallery.php?gallery=2
    http://www.airbrushing-made-easy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    Also see my web site :: dnie

    ReplyDelete