Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Old Stuff Wednesday - February... Beastlord...Let there be War

Almost forgot to do an Old Stuff Wednesday this month, but I didn't.  So this month we have one of Beastlord / Wargor's from back in 2003 or so.  One of my favorite models from my tabletop beastmen army. I wanted the armor a bit heavier, to arm him with neat scratch built sword and big khorne symbol on the shield.   Back then you could mark your beastmen. 
So I sculpted some add on armor.  I sculpted the Khorne symbol on a chaos warriors shield.
Added a few trophies to the back of the model.
The writing on the sword, does say something profane in the Dark Tongue, can't remember what.
And a wip shot, collage showing the conversion work.  You will need to click on the picture to see it close up.  The sword blade was made out of plasti-card.
So there, the first of four Wargors.  I really need to do this figure again for my Chaos warriors army as a mutant.  Fun miniature.

5 comments:

  1. Nice - the before and after is impressive. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked your BoC army. Especially the conversions. Love the gold work more though, and always amazed that you can do it in what seems to be so easy or natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Mr. Lee, my BoC army is still one of my favorites, still own all of the gors and command and ungors. There some that loved my stylized paint work and some without imagination that just didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see this her :)
    You and I really have to cut some sort of deal - Id love to add one of your beastmen conversions to a unit in my own army....
    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be open to that James, would love to have one of yours in my band of mutants that I'm currently building. I could do something after Adepticon. Got a bunch of Crusaders to finish up and a go-kart to finish building and get running before April.

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete