Sunday, March 10, 2013

Work In Progress: Onto the Bannermen

 Well as you can see where there was once 76 vikings we are now down to five, the banners remain.  The others are sitting on another table waiting to be based. 

Below is a closer look at the banners and where they were early this morning.  The one with the wolf's head actually is using a GW Space Wolves transfer that I painted over.  The one behind it is a painted banner, not sure I pulled it off but the head is meant to be a badger as I was watching the Badger Hockey team play last night. 
On the white banner you can see how I layout the hand painted designs, doing a sort of light colored underpainting.  On the red banners I use a darker red to layout the design.  I do this as its easier to to cover it up later and if I happen to miss a spot of three it generally just blends in with the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment