Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Old Stuff Wednesday - May....The Knight-gor (Painted)

Back around 2003 when all of Chaos was together in one book my predominantly beastmen chaos army was looking for a boost from some heavy cavalry in the name of Chaos Knights. This was the test piece for just that. I wanted it to fit my beastmen theme, so I needed a knight that was more beastmen like. Why not an heavy armored centaur.

It merged the Chaos Knight/Empire Knight horse with a beastmen gor torso, chaos warrior weapon and shield.


And whole lot of other bits. The chest armor was all sculpted. The rivets along the bottom of the armor were added.

And I was going to mark the unit this would be apart as Khorne as you see on the shoulder.




And what would Khorne be without a grizzly trophy.





To this day...this remains as one of my all time favorite miniatures.







3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks really brilliant! I love the grizzly trophy.
    If you have a unit of them, I guess they can still be used as Chaos Knights in a Warriors of Chaos army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very impressive sculpt...and you´ve done justice to it with some great brushwork..
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this several years ago and I like it just as much now as then. The blend between the Gor and the horse works great. I much prefer a unit of these than the regular Centaurs.

    ReplyDelete