Sunday, December 8, 2013

Angus Donald: Holy Warrior

I recently finished up reading Holy Warrior by Angus Donald, his second novel following the exploits of Robin Hood.  I'm someone that loves reading about the Crusades and have read a number of things on King Richard and the 3rd Crusade.  Angus has an interesting take on this Crusade with the twist of Robin the Earl of Locksely following Richard on crusade.  Its an interesting take on Robin Hood, refreshing to me.  In reality the story is more about Alan of Dale than of Robin Hood.  Is it great writing, probably not, but it was still enjoyable, and I think I will read the next book in the series.  And it does have a bit of historical note to it, even though it is fiction, and I like this period quite a bit.

What will I read next?  I'm not sure, I have no new books sitting on my shelf for the first time in many years.   I normally have a huge back log of things to read.  I'll have to figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment