Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hey I got a new Toy

I'ld been thinking about doing this for quite sometime, considering getting a helmet video cam for racing video.  I know a lot of people use the GoPro HD and the Contour cameras.  Then I saw this one a motorcyclist was using, a Tachyon OPS HD video camera.  That little black thing shown between the black orc and my Nikon Coolpix, is the camera on its helmet mount.  And yes the lens is the size of a dime.  A guy on one of the karting forums showed some of his video from this little bugger and the quality looked as good as the GoPro HD3 so I found one on sale and ordered it.  Now I just have to figure out the best way of keeping it on my helmet.

And over the years I've had lots of people ask me what camera I use for shooting pictures of my miniatures.  Well it is that old Nikon Coolpix 4300, a 4.0 megapixel.  The camera is probably closing in on 10 years old, but its much better than my much newer camera at taking pics of my minis.

And below is my trophy haul from karting this past summer.
 
I also got around to uploading some more racing videos, a pair of feature races. 
 
It took me awhile to get over the first one below, matter of fact when I watch it, I still get pissed about being run off the track and crashing into bales at about 50 mph.  With the karts, if you are going to hit something like that barrier, even though it gives, spin it out and try to back it into the barrier.  Anyways it hurt, you can't really see it, but I was actually holding the engine onto the kart by the exhaust pipe to keep it from landing in my lap.  Good thing I had leather jacket and a glove on and heat wrap on the exhaust pipe or that would have burned.  So if you want to see me crash, tune into around 1:20 into the video.  My old man was in the race and saw what happened and was probably as pissed as I was, and took it out on that guy later on in the race also caught on the video.  He's got my back.
 

Then I uploaded this video of another of the Feature Races.  I gave it my best, but ended up getting beat after leading quite a bit of the race.  The guys that beat me finished second and third in the season points standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment