Just my opinion and the reasons why I dislike this 8th Edition:
- I hate the measure anything anytime.
- I hate the randomness of charging and the obnoxiously long charges that can be pulled off by randomly rolling dice.
- I don't like that they attempted to fix combat which I did not think needed fixing in the first place. Now its massed casaulties for a cool looking visual.
- I still think magic ruins the game and is still broken. Not even close to being fixed and in my opinion is worse in many ways.
- Mass casualties for less strategy in my opinion. You no longer need that eye for getting your distances correct.
- Killed skirmishers.
- True line of sight annoys me.
No, I don't like this edition. I really like the core Warhammer rules, but I think they just made the game a lot less fun with tweaks that were not needed. And the tweaks that were needed, were not made. I don't like randomness. Warhammer Ancient Battles 2.0 was what Warhammer Fantasy should have become in my opinion. And WAB 2 is a heck of a lot more fun and more strategic. And unfortunately I don't see them ever going back to the core. I still play the game on occassion because I enjoy playing with the group of local players, but that is about it.