Friday, December 2, 2011

Horus Heresy All is Dust....

Finally picked this book by Graham McNeil back-up.  A story about the 1000 Sons and the witch hunt by the Emperor of Mankind.  The central character is Ahriman and his back is against the wall pretty much the whole time. 

I won't go into a lot of detail so as not to ruin the book for people.  I'm not a book reviewer, and I did sit this book down for a month or two as I was just too busy to sit and read a bit.  It was a good story like most of the Horus Heresy books that are written by Graham and Dan Abnett.  It definitely furthers the depth of the realm of Warhammer 40k.

It also gives me a very different impression of the 1000 Sons, not the traiterous type impression that I previously as them being a legion of chaos, but of a persecuted legion.  And the story also gives me a much more dislike of Leman Russ and the savagery of Space Wolves, they are definitely the Emperor's dogs and enforcers.  Don't get me wrong I like the idea of the wolves, but a story like this does give a different perspective.  And I still love the visual side of them, they are the Vikings of 40k.  And like that sort of thing.

This book, also, does the blur the lines, everything is not completely black and white in the 40k Mythology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment