Monday, November 26, 2012

WIP on the Desk: The Return to Rome

Well the desk has been cleared of that first large batch of Vikings.  So now the desk has been filled with a large batch of Romans.  I recently sold my Praetorian unit and needed to replace them with a new veteran unit of Legionaires.  This unit I plan to use different shield transfers on and I am painting them in a slightly different paint scheme than my current Romans.  I also took time to paint a few more Vikings from the second unit with some of the creamy whites, which actually is the Reaper Master Series warm bone Triad over Vallejo Model Colors English Uniform, great for skulls and great for an off-white.
The metal is a base coat, I will still highlight that with two brighter metal colors and then wash it with Secret Weapon Soft Body Black to blend everything together and also define the recessed areas in the armor.
Above in the center is a Foundry model.  I have two Foundry command models and a Warlord Games command model in this batch.  Once I finish those three models I'll be putting them on Ebay or accepting OBO off of Ebay.  Keep that in mind if you are interested in them.

Next up a new toy and some more kart racing videos.....

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress on these, PC. The face mask is really nicely sculpted. I need to find a way to use some. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dean. I figured that I had to come up with a way to use the cavalry mask. I'm pretty sure this is not accurate to put it on an infantry model, but it is little toys soldiers.

    ReplyDelete