The primary reason for not really caring for the way the litter turned out, was the poles were upright that the Storm Vermin carrying the litter were holding on to.
So for this one I decided to fix that. And that fix works very nicely. This is what I envisisioned in the first place.
For the Lord model I used the one out of the basic boxed set. Its a very cool looking model, for a simplistic two piece miniature.
The Lord model does lean way forward so I knew I need to compensate for that by leaning the entire platform forward. Did this by building up the base with Apoxie Sculp.
Below is another angle of the litter. The Lord model is also on this big rock, I removed that with my dremel and then sculpted in the wood grain of the platform.
All the lessons learned are being applied to an orc palanquin that I'm building from my new fantasy army. It should look pretty cool when I'm done.