Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Knights and a Centaur WIP

Well, to sort of continue that khorne knight theme, next up is the banner man WIP.

I've chosen to use a lance and combine that with the bloodletter banner. The backside of the banner shows the transition piece.

Something I forgot to mention in the previous post and in my response in the comments was that I also build a support for the cape to help get the flowing aspect. In the next pic you can see what I typically do for a support, just a basic wedge of putty applied to the model and then I stretch it a bit.

Now for the centaur. I had an older model that I did more my marauders, a couple of years ago, but I got rid of it because ite was based on the old chaos knight horse and really would not fit with the new knights.
This a project I've been thinking about for quite a while and needed to take a bit of action on. Here I'm just building the basic torso for the big chaos knight horse. I plan to just make the basic shape and then cast the blanks to add details. The torso itself will be sort of like a spacemarine. I probably be 3 or 4 of these and use the best ones for the casts, and also do that because the horses are bit different too.

And when I say space marine like, what I mean by that is that I will have a socket for a head and then flat areas to pin the arms to at the shoulders. The bottom of the torso will have a piece that goes down into the horse. And the shoulder guards will be added afterwards.

So there is the start to another model for my mutant marauder horde.

No comments:

Post a Comment