Friday, February 18, 2011

Skaven War Litter II - Work In Progress

I did a commissioned skaven war litter quite sometime ago and was left with a whole lot of the new GW storm vermin bits, a model I have really come to like. And their halberds are seriously cool looking blades that I have come up with what I think is a rather ingenious use for, that I will be sharing in future posts on my Warriors of Chaos army. So what to do with the left over bits? Make another.


The warlord on the litter is a rather simple conversion, mostly just a weapon conversion. I used some of the cut off halberds for the guys bearing the litter, just to use up the bits. I will probably shorten up the staff/sticks they are holding. The next time I do this, I would like for the handles to be parallel to the litter platform. The real problem with that is that all of this needs to fit on a 40mm square base.

This is definitely a concept that I plan to revisit when I get back to my orcs and goblins army modeling. I have always loved Nurgle planaquins and this whole war litter concept is cool. So with a little more work, this will be done.



7 comments:

  1. This thing is awesome. Your GS work is impressive to say the least. I can't wait to see it painted...

    How long did it take you to get to this point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about the handles needing to be parralel to the platform...maybe if the bearers were a bit more spread out so the poles were angle slightly inwards (a bit of wrist twisting would solve that) Mind you, then the base area would become larger :-§
    Whatever, it looks bloody great...excellent idea.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome dude. I love the guy on top, a nice simple conversion but it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments.

    I agree Paul. The real problem with this is that the two storm vermin in the front are basically 40 mm wide already.

    The GS work wood is something, I have done quite a bit of in the past, its always a bit of fun. As to the amount of time, basically all of the time is in the platform. I can do the litter top in about 10 minutes, once the pieces of plasti-card are cut out, in this case they were just scraps left over from something else. Let the top cure, then do the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, are there rules that go along with palanquins in the Skaven army book, or is it just to make your rats look cooler?

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are rules for one, but no model, so you have to make your own.

    ReplyDelete