Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dark Ages building continued....

So last we saw this building, it was getting the thatch treatment.  I got to the top of the roof and decided to once again try using the Black Lava texture.  As you can see below when its put down it has this white pasty look when put down initially.
 Side look of the building.
 I also found this GW building in my closet, thought it would be a good time to put the kit together.  The pic below shows the cured black lava where you just see the black specs.  You can supplement that texture with a bit of ballast or sand, which the lighter granular material you see.
Below is the fresh black lava with the ballast.
Below is the cured black lava and ballast.
 And while I was at it, some goats for my terrain.
I am looking for some oxen and cows in 25-28mm scale.....

5 comments:

  1. Goat envy! Where did you get them, they look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are touch small, believe they are actually 20 mm, but with the Gripping Beast minis and other historical minis they are about right. I obtained these as a trial from Hoard of Bits off ebay. He also has chickens and sheep. I doubt his cows will look right at 20mm.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I believe they are just bits from Pegasus Hobbies farm animal box set.

      Delete
  2. Great looking scratch-building going on, PC. I have to ask why the rough texture on the very top of the roof? The thatching itself looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An experiment. We'll see what it looks like with it a bit thicker. If it does not look good then I'll finish the thatch.

      Delete