Below is the busted up right side, from my last race of the season on the asphalt oval. I took a really hard hit in the rear when someone decided to dump me in a heat race and then got clobbered in the side while sitting backwards in the turn.
The rear bumper and number plate are bent up pretty good also.
I spent a few hours removing all of the body work and began the dusty process of grinding away some of the damage to prep the body work for some fiberglass. I then began the sticky itchy process of fiberglass and resin application.
We also did some redneck bending and straightened out the supports and nerf bar to a reusable state.
So that was it for the day. Thankfully my next couple of races are in the old vintage kart and this one won't likely see a track until February next year. In a couple weeks, I'll sand it down, fill the imperfections and repaint and decal the body work.