Sunday, September 15, 2013

Last Arguement of Kings by Joe Abercrombie

While on the road at the Quincy track I finished the book the Last Argument of Kings book number 3 of the First Law trilogy during my overnight stay.  It took me quite awhile to get through this book as I put it down and got busy with a number of other things after starting it, but it was a fun story with quite a few things that I did not see coming.  Quite refreshing since I have been looking for an author that will keep me busy reading since I became some what disenchanted with George RR Martin's last Fire and Ice novel and have yet to even pick up Dance with Dragons because of that.  Although I will say I prefer the story of the barbarians of the north more so than the southerners in First Law.  I relate better to them than south characters.  So I look forward to reading some of his other stuff on these barbarian northern named men.  I will also say that I did not see that coming on Bayazz the first of the Magi.  Furthers my hate of magic and wizards.  Also the whole inquisition thing going on is flat out ruthless.  So Joe goes on my read list for the future.

Onto the next novel, this by Angus Donald the second novel in his series on his take on Robin Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment