Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Frank Frazetta...inspiration

I've been a struggling line artist and painter for going on 30 years. Frazetta, Brom, Bart Sears, John Buscema, Keith Parkinson, Larry Elmore, they have all influenced my work, just wish I could be half as good as them. I was disheartened to hear that Frank passed away [at age 82, I believe]. I'm not that old, and three of those artists that I listed are no longer with us.

I recently added a blog to my list by Dave Finch, one of the newer breed of comicbook artists who first broke onto the comics scene when I was attempting to become one. I enjoy his work and I know Frank was influence on Finch. If you like Frank's work and are not familiar with Finch, checkout his work.

Frank's work over his career was a huge inspiration to me. Long before I read Conan, I was hooked on Conan because of Frank. Being a huge Conan fan, his covers were just awe inspiring. DeathDealer, the Silver Warrior, and so many other paintings...always influence my imagination. I think his work is legendary and will most certainly stand the test of time.

Next post...will return to nostalgia with the rest of the Cerulean Templars.

No comments:

Post a Comment