Monday, January 24, 2011

Pics of My WAB Roman Army in Full Force

For the Glory of Rome.

I'm not really setup in this place to take a full army pic, but here it is, my Roman Legion Army. I will be taking some form or variation of these models to Adepticon's WAB singles tournament. Not sure what the final makeup will be just yet, as its a 2000 point tournament. I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of Greek Phalanxes to deal with. The display is one that use with my Warriors of Chaos army. This is not the display base that I intend to use, but being behind on my 1/2 a 1000 point WAB team army for Adepticon, will probably make this the display base that I will use as I'm running out of time.



Close-ups of some of the various units.

Some of the vets, better pics of the cavalry unit will be coming at some point.





The new archers, one of two scorpions in the back ground, I hope to be able to deal with the elephants. The General in the foreground that I will probably not use, he may become a regular cav officer.

Huge unit of Praetorians that I will use as veterans also.

Three regular units of legionaires.


Definitely, not my best army, but I'm still happy with it.

For those interested, the bulk of the army with the exception of 4 character models, these are are all Warlord Games models. The majority of those are plastic. I do have an Aventine model and 3 Foundry models in the army as characters.

And to seriously make fun of my poor game playing skills, the legions are numbered the 17th, 18th, and 19th. And yes my general is Varus. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh - fantastic looking army. And the terrain they're on really is enhancing. I really like it. It makes me want to get some Warlord Romans. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something else!!! They look grand...congratulations
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!

    I had to check out your blog after seeing these figures on Warseer!

    Subscribed :)

    Happy Gaming,

    Allan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks guys. This army started out as chore and ended up being a lot of fun. Took me a bit to get use to the smaller scale, as most fantasy and sci-fi minis much larger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome army! I'm thinking of adding a stone thrower to my army - as well as scorpions. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete