Sunday, April 19, 2015

3rd Viking Unit in Paint

Pretty much the same thing going on here as with the other units.  Lots of candy and gripping Beast goodness.  The two berserkers are the old casts, and are showing their age, I did a bit of smoothing and updating on them.  I will be replacing them.
I really like the main character below, the hornblower next to him is a cool figure also.
The standard bearer turned out pretty cool, one of the plastic models converted up with a banner left over from the Fire Forge knights.
A bit of eye candy on the movement tray in front of them.
I did a pose for my chaos marauders some years ago and the Viking on the end reminds me of that model standing over a dead enemy.
Better close up of him below.


More pics of the back ranks.  These are painted to the same quality as the front.  I'll eventually shoot some pics of them, as they are pretty cool in their own right.
I really dig the GB plastics.  They are very nicely detailed models with a lot of variety.

6 comments:

  1. Striking work as always, PC. Hard to believe they started life as plastics too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I very much prefer plastic over any metal miniature.

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful and vibrant colors. They fit well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. It's stuff like this that keeps tempting me towards Saga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were set up for WAB and CoE, but definitely will get used for SAGA.

      Delete