Still Wednesday here in the midwest, so for Old Stuff we have an Ork Warboss that I painted several years ago. This miniature painted the same year as the Crimson Fist vs Grot from last month. I remember being quite pleased with the results, I thought the conversion worked well.
This was my first real click with painting red. When I finished the red with the helmet, I felt like I finally captured that color the way I wanted.
The grot in the little crow's nest was something that I had always thought really fit for this grot. The flesh came out well, the crow's nest I think turned out pretty decent. Lot of little scrapped bits went in to that.
I also think this the first miniature where I started understanding corrosion and use of really thinned paint washes. Not a single ink was used in this miniature, its all acrylic.
The base certainly could have been better, but that's how it goes sometimes.
So up next the start of the long awaited and promised "How I Make My Movement Trays" for fantasy and WAB. Need to work on a better title...