Circa April 2004. I believe this is the only Blood Angel Space Marine that I have ever painted. I fondly remember doing this as an experiment around the time when light sourcing was just really taking off on miniatures, and seemed to be the cool thing to do. Well I think its still a cool thing to do.
I borrowed the so-called NMM techniques that I used on my beastmen in 2003 and the red scheme. I also used a bit more subtle highlight scheme from Cerulean Templar Spacemarine army.
Back then I really struggled with bone colors in painting.
The pick below I think is really cool. The green glow effect that I did back then was a series of drybrushes from dark to light green.
Another angle. If I remember right, I did go back and paint in some sharper green highlights.
Red and green always work well in my opinion. This was a cool experiment. The miniature is no longer in my collection as I sold it years ago.