Well started painting a test figure for my Vikings. This is one of the metal models from Gripping Beast. It is still a work in progress, I have yed to do any fleshtones. What you see on the face is simply some white paint.
I tried a couple different things that I normally do not do. I typically prime my armies in black primer. I did that with this model, but I painted the red cloth area and the pant legs white first, then added the colors. It definitely gave me that faded red look that I was looking for in short amount of time. I also hit the flesh areas with a little bit of white paint to. Still need to paint all of the flesh.