Sunday, June 21, 2020

Hail to Rome....My first painted mini from the Roman Generals Kit

Wow I really love what Victrix is doing these days.  This miniature is a fine example of their great looking plastics line.  Absolutely love these models, detail is great and so are the poses and parts.  I bought the box set for characters for my current Roman armies and had some left over after the building.  Sold one still on the sprue and put together some of the others to paint and sell.  This is the first of that group that was for sale.
Painted in royal purples, not a scheme that I use very often.  I think I probably should use it more.
 The horse was a fun little experiment, and I really liked how it turned out.
Basing is pretty much the same as my Vikings and Saxons and other Roman stuff that just rebased some of the older stuff, more or less just updated it. 
 Love this Victrix work, much better than my older Warlord stuff.  So much so that I cannot wait to get my paint brushes on some of their Vikings as well.
As always much more to follow...Rome is expanding.

6 comments: